Art-A-Holics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 28th Show - preparations/meeting notes

Go down

June 28th Show - preparations/meeting notes Empty June 28th Show - preparations/meeting notes

Post  pin-upartistSteve Thu May 08, 2008 8:41 am

OK we had a great meeeting last night. As of right now, the following people are scheduled to participate in the show:
Steve
Thor
Jake
Jon
Brad
James
Nancy
Joe
Monica
That's a total of 9, but we can still fit a couple more. As I said at the meeting, I need everyone to let me know about how much work you want to bring and basic dimensions. If you have anything large, please let me know! I have a basic idea of what type of work everyone does, but if you want to e-mail me 1 or 2 samples, that would be great. You do not need to send me an image of every piece you intend to display. Please do this ASAP. My regular e-mail is steve@scbartworks.com.

*Please also let me know if you plan on bringing your own tables, easels, etc. for your display. If you have questions about how to hang your art on the walls, or other questions about displays, please contact me.

*Other than your art, everyone should prepare a printed version of your artist statement to go with your display. You will also be responsible for your own title/price labels.

*At our next meeting, in approx. 2 weeks, everyone will need to bring their $20.00 so that we can pay Amy for the rent and get our show postcards printed.

*Speaking of postcards, I need a volunteer to create the image. File should be 5.5"x4.25" @ 200dpi. All text and graphics need to be black and keep everything 1/2" in from the edge. Content for the postcard:
-Saturday, June 28th 6:00pm to midnight @ Java Joe's/4th Street Theatre
-Original Art by Local Artists
-Live Music

-If anyone can think of a catchy slogan for the show, all the better!

*Please start thinking now of any area businesses where you can get a stack of postcards displayed for people to take. I will put them at The Art Store, Java Joe's, and The Beauty Parlor. James has also volunteered to create a window flyer that can go in various places as well.

If you have any other questions about the show, please contact me.
Steve
pin-upartistSteve
pin-upartistSteve

http://www.scbartworks.com

Back to top Go down