Art-A-Holics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any interest in upcoming shows?

3 posters

Go down

Any interest in upcoming shows? Empty Any interest in upcoming shows?

Post  jezebel Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm

I'd like to organize a show for the group for February or March.

I'd like to do something upscale.

I have a friend who will let us use condo space at the Liberty building for no charge.
We can do appetizers and wine.
I can create a mailing list of patrons of the arts, political operatives (just on the left, I don't know too many right leaners).
I would also like to have a classical musician if possible, at a minimum some low key (but not hidden in a corner) but fabulous musician. I have a guy who is very popular in Des Moines who would perform for a very reasonable price.

What I would like to know is, how many people would be willing to pay a fee to be part of this show, in order to pay for appetizers (we can have a cash bar, so we just need to pay a bartender, or have a significant other or loved one volunteer for that position). I think that for mailed invitations, appetizers, musician, etc, we could come in under $1000. If we don't mail invites, I would anticipate it to be closer to $500.

I see this as a more formal event. I would like to publicize artist bios (and have handouts with that info for the whole group, including small thumbnails of their work). The show would be set up several hours prior to the show. Each artist could have an opportunity to give a 15 minutes speech at a few intervals during the show, so the attendees can get a good idea of background, or technique, or just what drives you as an artist.

Let me know what you guys think.

jezebel

Back to top Go down

Any interest in upcoming shows? Empty Any movement

Post  Megmarissa Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 pm

Been MIA for a couple of weeks but would love to find out if this is still in the works and what the price tag is..

Megmarissa

Back to top Go down

Any interest in upcoming shows? Empty Re: Any interest in upcoming shows?

Post  Billy Poundcake Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:22 pm

February is obviously out of the question, and March is when a much bigger announcement will be on it's way. Next winter would be a good time for something like this, with a fundraiser of some type attached. Billy pig
Billy Poundcake
Billy Poundcake

Back to top Go down

Any interest in upcoming shows? Empty Re: Any interest in upcoming shows?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down